The purpose of this visa is to travel to Austria for tourist reasons.
A Schengen visa only allows foreign nationals to visit Austria and the other Schengen countries for up to 90 days.
Please note that applicants will also be charged a service fee of Euro 30 per application (PKR 4530) which must be paid in cash when you attend the visa application centre.
|VISA CATEGORY||VISA FEE (EURO) *||VISA FEE (PKR)|
|Schengen Visa (Children 6 to 12 years of age)||35||5290|
|Schengen Visa (Children under 6 years of age)||0||0|
*Visa fees must be paid in local currency at the visa application centre. The exchange rate is set by the Embassy of Austria with effect from 01 December 2018 and is subject to change without notice.
The following are exempted from the fee when submitting an application for Schengen Visa:
- Children under 6 years of age
- Pupils, students and their accompanying teachers if the purpose of the travel is studying or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling in the Schengen area to do scientific research as defined by the European parliament and council recommendation 2005/761/EC of 28 September 2005
- Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
- Participants aged 25 years or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
- Spouses, children and dependent ascendants of an EU/EEA national who is exercising free movement rights in Austria, when visiting the person.
Click here to view the list of documents required for an Austrian Schengen Visa.
- Please note that all documents have to be submitted in original. The applicant must attach a copy to the application form. Copies cannot be made by the embassy during the application process.
- The embassy reserves the right to request further documentation during the application process.
- Please note that all applicants have to appear in person. If an applicant is prevented from appearing in person the embassy must be informed beforehand for consent.
- The application process takes a minimum of 4 weeks, in some cases up to 8 weeks. Please take this into consideration when planning/booking your trip.
- The Embassy recommends to apply well enough in advance. The Embassy cannot guarantee a timely process if the application has been submitted on short notice.
- The Embassy cannot be held responsible for any financial losses nor can the visa fee be refunded.
The photo must:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on high quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colour
- be 35–40 mm in width
- be maximum 6 months old and resemble the applicant
- be taken with the applicant facing the camera directly, against a light background
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face must occupy 70–80 % of the picture.
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair must not cover the eyes.
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses must not be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there must be no reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed, provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- chin, forehead and both cheeks must be clearly visible
- shadows on the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth for meeting these requirements is available at the visa application centre.
After a visa application is submitted it will be delivered to the Embassy of Austria the following working day. As per the Schengen Visa code, applications will be decided within 15 calendar days but this may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed or in cases of representation where the authorities of the represented Member state are consulted.